**Please note: Stick-time participants should bring their own pucks. You may be required to "prove your puck" at check-in. It is not the responsibility of the rink or other players to provide pucks.**
All stick times are subject to change and cancellations. Please check our website schedule or call us ahead of time for possible last minute schedule changes, as cancellations may occur due to private events or partnership obligations.
Stick time sessions are $12 each.
Stick Time Punch Pass (10 total) is $108.
What is Stick Time?
The purpose of Stick Time is to provide hockey players the opportunity to reinforce things that they do in practices and to practice things they cannot practice during public skating sessions and other hockey related ice times. This includes, but is not limited to:
- basic skating skills
- power skating
- stick handling
- shooting technique (except slapshots)
Stick Time also provides an opportunity for players to receive private instruction.
Stick Time Rules
- Full hockey equipment is mandatory for all skaters 17 years of age and younger.
- Skaters 18 years of age and older are allowed wearing a helmet, gloves, stick and skates.
- Players 17 years of age and under must have a full face shield/cage on their helmet. Players over 18 years of age are strongly encouraged to wear a full face shield/cage on their helmet.
- Helmets must be worn at all times, including when in the player’s bench areas.
- Bring your own puck and improve your hockey skills. It is not the responsibility of the rink or other players to provide pucks or equipment.
- Be aware of those around you when shooting/skating for a puck. Don't intentionally cut people off.
- No small/full ice scrimmages allowed! Stick time allows players to work on the skill of their choice and since players do not have to be in full gear, scrimmages pose a safety liability and violators of this rule will lose ice privileges.
- No slap shots allowed!
- All shots must be taken at the ends of the rink where protective netting and thick glass is in place. No shots at side boards.
- Limited to the first 30 skaters.
- Water bottles must be kept in the player's bench areas and not on the cap rail. Food is not permitted.
- Figure skates are not allowed on Stick Time ice, except if worn by coaches.
- Fighting, foul language, and horseplay will NOT be tolerated. Fighting will result in expulsion without refund and possible banishment from the rink.
- Semi-private lessons of no more than two skaters and one coach are allowed, but must share the entire ice surface with all participants and cannot block off a section to hold private lessons or restrict the ice with training aids. All coaches must have a licensing agreement on file with Idaho IceWorld.
- Stick Time is not intended for group lessons or for partial/full team practices. This includes practicing breakouts and other offensive and defensive drills.
- The Supervisor On Duty has full discretion to limit or prohibit any drills, lessons or other activities which he or she deems unsafe or disruptive to other customers.
- All participants skate at their own risk.
These rules are meant to keep you and everyone around you safe.
Please follow them so as not to lose your privileges as a skater.
All rules, policies and procedures are subject to change.