Idaho IceWorld Patron Demographics
The City of Boise's, Idaho IceWorld attracts a diverse group of people from throughout the Northwest. Whether playing hockey, competing in a figure skating event, skating for fun, or attending as a spectator, Idaho IceWorld draws in average of 300,000 visitors per year.
Public Skating sessions are offered daily at Idaho IceWorld and can accommodate 500 people per session. Throughout the week, public skating sessions have the potential to offer ice-skating to 7500 people.
Idaho IceWorld hosts many figure skating events and competitions that bring in figure skaters and spectators from around the West.
Annual events include:
- Boise Figure Skating Club Ice Classic
- Boise Figure Skating Club Test Sessions
- Holiday Ice Skating Shows
- Youth Travel Hockey Tournaments
- Harvest Classic Women's hockey tournament
- Hockey and Figure Skating camps - spring break and summer
Special Events held at IceWorld
- 2009 World Winter Games, Special Olympics
- 2010 NorthWest Pacific Regional Figure Skating Championship
In the past, these events have attracted hundreds of participants and even more spectators, as well as coverage from news media around Boise and the Northwest.
Ice can be removed from rinks for special events, such as conventions and trade shows, to comfortably accommodate 3200 people.
Idaho IceWorld currently supports 36 youth hockey teams and 39 adult hockey teams throughout various leagues, with the potential to add more teams.
Idaho IceWorld is the premier venue for hockey tournaments in Idaho, attracting teams from around the state and the United States.
Previous tournaments held at Idaho IceWorld:
- Idaho Amateur Hockey Association Tournament
- Idaho Amateur Hockey Association Tier II State Championships
- Rocky Mountain District Hockey Tournament
- Idaho High School Championships
- Idaho Hockey League Tournament
- Memorial Day Tournament
- Thanksgiving Weekend "Turkey" Tournament
- Winter Games of Idaho Adult Hockey Tournament