Each family is required to volunteer. It’s fun! Volunteer opportunities include Dressing Room Chaperones, Program Distribution, Set-up, Tear-down, Green Room Assistant and others. Refer to Volunteer Job Descriptions below. Indicate your top three preferences on the Ice Show Registration Form. The Volunteer Manager will assign your shift and position based upon need and your preferences.
- Chaperone – Supervises skaters in locker room. Helps skaters with last minute costume adjustments and skate tying. Checks skaters in and out upon arrival and parent/guardian pick-up.
- Chaperone, Tier 2 – Must have one for every Learn to Skate group. Every Learn to Skate group is required to have one Tier 2 Chaperone in the locker room during each of the two shows. This Chaperone will pass a criminal background check run through the City of Boise prior to the show. This check will be conducted at the Nov. 18 Volunteer Orientation or at City Hall, if you cannot attend that day. The Tier 2 Chaperone remains in the locker room with skaters at all times. Supervises skaters in locker room. Helps skaters with last minute costume adjustments and skate tying. Checks skaters in and out upon arrival and parent/guardian pick-up.
- Green Room Assistant– Coordinates snacks, drinks and activities in the Green Room to be used by skaters between performances.
- Program Distributor – Hands out show programs to guests as they enter the arena. Places programs at each seat in VIP section prior to each performance.
- Set-up Helper – Works under the direction of Idaho IceWorld operations employees prior to the performance to put into position tables, chairs, lights, coverings and other equipment. No on-ice duties will be asked of this volunteer.
- Snack Supplier – If you are unable to donate your time, we need snacks and water bottles donated for the locker rooms and the Green Room. We will work within your budget.
- Tear-down Helper – Works under the direction of Idaho IceWorld operations employees after the last performance to take down, put away and transport items such as tables, chairs, lights, coverings and other equipment. No on-ice duties will be asked of this volunteer.
- VIP Host – Oversees the food & drink table in the VIP seating area. Keeps items stocked throughout the performance. Maintains a tidy presentation and assists VIP guests when necessary.
- VIP Usher – Greets VIP guests at the VIP seating entrance, verifies their VIP tickets and escorts them to their seats.
- Volunteer Check-in – Checks in volunteers when they arrive for their shifts. Provides direction and information to volunteers. Assists Volunteer Manager day of show.
Volunteer Training sessions will be held during both dress rehearsals, Nov. 18 and Dec. 2 at 12:30 p.m. in the upstairs room at Idaho IceWorld. Volunteers must attend one of these.