Learn to Skate
"The Idaho IceWorld Skating School" runs in 6 -8 week semesters. Skaters work to complete a set of objectives for each skill level. Classes meet once a week in a 30 minute class.
September/October Learn to Skate Dates and Times
2016 Ice Show information - Show Information
Snowplow Sam 1,2,3,4 - Crayons, Basic 1&2 - Mellow Yellows, Basic 3&4 - Ukuleles, Basic 5&6 - Red Ballons
Pre-Free Skate - Crazy
$11.00 per class - Learn to Skate sessions are comprised of 6-8 classes, depending on the calendar. Full amount payable at the beginning of each Learn to Skate session. There will also be an additional charge of $1.00 per Learn to Skate session which goes into the Boise Parks and Recreation Scholarship fund.
Rental skates, complimentary Public Session on the day of class, plus an additional complimentary Public Session Pass to be used during Learn to Skate session.
1. REQUIRED! Go to www.LearntoSkateUSA.com and purchase or renew your membership for $12.00 + $1.25or visit our Information Desk to have Idaho IceWorld process your membership for $20.
2. Register online by clicking the link above, call (208) 608-7716 or visit our Information Desk.
With your annual fee of $12* you will:
- Be a member of the best skating program endorsed by U.S. Figure Skating, USA Hockey and US Speedskating.
- Gain great information to make sure your first glides on ice are successful ones.
- Access full listings of where to sign up for skating classes.**
- Receive a Welcome Packet in the mail
- Receive secondary sport accident insurance
- Participate in lessons, performances, competitions, and all activities associated with Learn to Skate USA.
* Plus $1.25 processing and handling fee.
A Certificate of Participation or a Certificates of Achievement and badge is presented to each student at the end of the Learn to Skate sessions
You may call the Information Desk at 208-608-7716 or you can register online. Information desk hours are 9am-7pm Monday - Friday and 9am-3pm on Saturdays.
Scholarship Information and Information on the Steelhead fundraiser program.
PERSONAL RELEASE STATEMENT
When you register for a Recreation class with the City of Boise, this Personal Release Statement is implied: I understand that the registered activities and services may have an elements of hazard or inherent dangers and I take full responsibility for my actions and physical condition. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Boise and its employees from any liability loss, cost or expense (including attorney’s fees, medical and ambulance costs) that I may incur while participating in the Recreation activities. I give my consent to use any photographs or videotape taken of me in future promotional or marketing materials.
REFUND POLICY (Effective June 1, 2014)
We depend on your enrollment for a successful class. Please plan your schedule carefully. Classes which do not meet minimum enrollment are subject to cancellation. In the case of a cancellation, Idaho IceWorld will contact you.
- Refunds are issued in full if the class or program is cancelled.
- minus $15.00 processing fee if you cancel or transfer at least seven business days
before the starting date of the session or for documented medical reasons.
Choose from these three options:
1. Transfer to another class or session.
2. Credit your account.
3. Receive a refund; allow 3-4 weeks for processing.
- Refunds and transfers are not issued when/or:
requested less than seven business days before the starting date of the session.
- if the fee paid is less than $15.00.
- for team fees after registration ends.
- for all team sports player fees.